In 2014, GENYOUth, in partnership with the NFL and the NFL Foundation, launched the NFL FLAG-In-Schools program to support high-quality PE and grow opportunities for students to be physically active before, during and after school. Schools apply for a chance to receive a turnkey kit of FLAG football resources. MMS helped build the concept, launched the program and provided implementation support.
What we did.
- Provided strategic direction on the development of the program, including NFL FLAG-In-Schools Kits.
- Updated annual plans to build upon prior years' successes to ensure the program continues to meet needs of educators and students.
- Created and managed the online application for educators to request FLAG-In-Schools Kits.
- Managed the application process, including reviewing and approving applications, and coordinated the distribution of Kits with the vendor.
- Drafted and deployed marketing communications to educators, including outreach about the application, notification of application status, and tracking information.
- Stored and managed data to provide penetration reporting to the client, the NFL and NFL teams.
- Conducted research to measure and evaluate the program’s success and areas for improvement.
- Developed an online impact report to showcase the program's success.
- Provided project management and support on the creation of new digital NFL FLAG-In-Schools training modules, developed in partnership with SHAPE America.
- Over 24,000 NFL FLAG-In-Schools Kits valued at nearly $8 million have been awarded to more than 15,000 school communities across the country, allowing upwards of 13 million students the opportunity to play flag football.
- 98% of educators who received the Kit are using it in their PE classes.
- 85% of student participants report they either “love” or “like” their school’s FLAG program.
- Since 2018, 250,000+ total engagements with creative marketing email campaign deployed to eligible applicants during application time frames.
- All 32 NFL Clubs are actively involved with the program and work directly with schools to place Kits and provide training each year.